Thursday, August 10, 2017

Trying to Get Back

It's been a while, for many reasons, since my last post. Since then I published a book of my landscape paintings, "Painting the Other Long Island". That process took a bit more time than I anticipated, but I was pleased with the results. I may have mentioned in previous posts how much I think about making art throughout the daily routines of life. Whether or not that gets me through the day or makes me ignorant towards managing daily routines I can't say, but I cannot deny the sense of accomplishment and purpose I feel after making a picture that I feel is successful.

This painting was done at West End Beach. It was not only a peaceful experience but I felt good about the results. I don't get that feeling from any other activity.


West End (acrylic on paper) -2016

No comments:

Post a Comment